OCHSNER heat pumps – strength from tradition
The OCHSNER family business goes way back to 1872. Many systems have been installed over the years for renowned customers all around the world, including for the US Navy and NASA. The range includes both piston and screw compressors with up to 500 kW output. OCHSNER Wärmepumpen GmbH was founded 1978 and the company has become synonymous with energy awareness, a pioneering spirit and a flair for innovation. OCHSNER was one of the first European manufacturers to produce heat pumps on an industrial scale. Today, the company is recognised as one of the sector's international technology leaders. Since 1992, OCHSNER has concentrated wholly on heat pumps.
Smart manufacturing! MADE IN AUSTRIA
OCHSNER heat pumps are manufactured exclusively in Austria using only high grade components. In this, OCHSNER pays particular attention to Industrie 4.0 and the use of advanced processes, such as 3D printing. Today, more than 150,000 OCHSNER heat pumps have been successfully deployed. A selection of reference projects are available to view > here.
OCHSNER heat pumps – cutting edge control
Modern heating systems have to meet disparate demands. Apart from the standard functions, such as heating, cooling (on request) and DHW heating, OCHSNER also enables swimming pools to be heated, a link-up between the heat pump and a PV system, connection to the internet, hook-up to building management systems, dual mode operation in tandem with other heat generators and much more. All this is made possible by the advanced control unit from OCHSNER.
Heating, cooling and domestic hot water
OCHSNER offers a comprehensive range of products for ratings from 2 to 2500 kW utilising the air, ground or water as a heat source. On request, OCHSNER heat pumps are available with a supplementary active cooling function – for which the refrigerant circuit is reversed. This creates a pleasantly cool interior without draughts or noise from the existing heat distribution system (e.g. wall heating, underfloor heating or special convectors). As required, DHW heating can be provided in conjunction with the heating heat pump or by means of the EUROPA hot water heat pump.
Efficient and tested
OCHSNER heat pumps in the OCHSNER AIR series (formerly GMLW) have been achieving record-breaking levels of efficiency and outstandingly low noise emissions for many years, as well as keeping heating costs to a minimum. With geothermal energy, OCHSNER is again out front where energy efficiency is concerned. When choosing a heat pump, look for the EHPA European Quality Label. Only those heat pumps which have been tested by independent bodies under the strictest conditions and whose manufacturers meet specified requirements for service and documentation, are entitled to bear this quality seal.
With OCHSNER, customers have the choice of selecting the optimum system for their demands and local circumstances. After all, OCHSNER is the only manufacturer on the market to offer a full range of heat pumps
- for every heat source
- for heating, cooling and the provision of domestic hot water
- with an active cooling function
- with the most advanced control technology
- for heating systems with flow temperatures of up to 65 °C
- with an output range from 2 to 2500 kW
- for detached houses, apartment buildings and major projects
- for large projects with flow temperatures of up to 130 °C
Technological and quality advantage
Numerous technical characteristics and features are testimony to the technical and quality advantage OCHSNER enjoys in the heat pump market. They include the following:
- most reliable and quietest split air to water heat pump with the highest efficiency
- limits of use for air source heat pumps -23 °C
- ground source heat pumps (brine to water and water to water) up to 65 °C flow temperature
- water to water heat pumps optionally with tubular heat exchanger as evaporator
- auto-adaptive (self-learning) heating curve for all models
- three expansion assemblies for air source heat pumps
- maximum availability thanks to safety management
- prime quality scroll compressor
- HE EC buffer charging pump for the Golf series as standard
- HE EC brine circuit circulation pumps for geothermal brine systems
- straightforward system commissioning and programming with commissioning wizard
- high capacity heat pumps with flow temperatures up to 82 °C; high temperature heat pumps with flow temperatures up to 130 °C